Monday, June 27, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
I had a client bring me this picture. She wanted this made for her daughter's wedding. She loved the neutral color pallete and and flow of the pants. She is not a dress kinda gal so the palazo pants seemed like the way to go. Fancy but she can feel comfortable & beautiful!
This is the final product. Minus the person modeling it. It does not do it justice with hanging on a dress form! I used a champagne satin as the base of the camisole. The overlay was a black lace. The jacket was made using a knit chiffon from Fabric.com. This one has a shawl collar and the original did not. The pants are made with a chiffon and a china silk polyester lining. I added the front pleat detail that she loved. I used three patterns to crate the ensemble: OOP See and Sew 6910, OOP Butterick 4982 for the pant, and McCall 5890 for the jacket.
I hope to have pictures of her in it at th wedding so I will post those.
It was fun to create this for her.
Monday, March 14, 2011
The circus was not BarnumBailey but it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. The girls had their faces painted as you can see. The picture above is not a good representation of having a good time. It is, however, a very true representation of two sister arguing over who touched whom! LOL!
Geordan, age 11 is my beautiful clown!
Olivia, age 9 (10 on the 18th) is the prettiest butterfly around!
This AM has been filled with taking down my snowmen displays and cleaning. I stopped at 11am to get cleaned up. I need to run the sweeper and then get some sewing done. There is still more cleaning to do but it will wait until another day as I have some client sewing that needs to happen today.
Off to finish a couple chores an then sew!
Friday, March 11, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
My eldest child, Jen, is getting married in September. This weekend was project weekend. We accomplished the bouquet, assembly of the vintage pedestal cake plates, figured out the birdcage veil, did a roundup of some vintage tableclothes, and bought the fabric for the bridesmaid gifts. Below are pictures of the brooche bouquet. Not the gretest quality but if I get better pictures I promise to post them.
The following photos are of the vintage pedestal cake plates we created from garage sale and thrift store finds consisting of glasses, candlesticks, and plates. Each table will have cupcakes in the middle as the centerpiece instead of having a large central cake. Not great shots but they are in the store room and I am too tired to move them out for better pictures! ;)
Watch for more wedding projects to creep in here! I am so happy with what has been accomplished.... this week is client sewing to finish up a project and then hopefully the pieces I need for the bridesmaid project will have arrived!
Goin' to the Chapel and we're gonna get married!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
This was an outfit that did not quite pan out in person as it did in my mind! The skirt is a double sided quilted piece from JoAnn's clearance area. Again, it's been curing in the stash for a while. I used a salvage edge wool for the trim in the front seams. The front panel was cut on the bias and stretch wonky when I put it on so I fused a tricot interfacing to the front inside. The top is a cheap sweater knit from who knows where.... again, a very cured piece from the stash! I used New Look 6753 for the top. I did add to the bust area so the seam would fall below the bust line rather than across it.
Friday, February 18, 2011
People from church were driving by and hubby was mortified! I was giddy with excitement and the possibilities for these two chairs.
Here is a picture of the found state...
We have a friend who is a carpet cleaner so he came and tried to get the smell out but what worked the best was sitting the chairs in the sun. I started the search for fabric for the chairs. I did not want to spend a ton of money on the fabric and wanted a piece that was pretty neutral so I could put the chairs anywhere in the house.
I found just the piece at JoAnn's on a 50% off the clearance. $3.00 a yard for upholstery weight fabric! Cha-Ching!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a picture of the fabric:
This is a tan chenille with the leaf pattern cut into the chenille.
My hubby and I re-upholstered these together. It was our first "real" upholstery job. We've done kitchen chair seats and little benches and such but nothing like a wingback chair. I am sure a professional could have done a much better job but at $500.00 a chair I decided to go for it myself. We have less than $100.00 in re-upholstering BOTH chairs.
Here's a picture of the chairs. I am working on a little side table for between the chairs. Right now their home is in my bedroom. Might try them flanking each side of the fireplace.... I see some furniture moving in my future!
I am motivated to get my bedroom finished up now...... I have been dragging my feet. A little more painting... a little more sewing..... ooooo the possibilities!
Paticipating in Metamorphisis Monday At http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Here are some pictures of then and now:
Here is the whole family in August 2009 when my eldest son married his beautiful wife, Jenny. God is so good!
This beautiful couple is our eldest child, Jen with her fiance', Dave. They will marry this year in September. Love this guy!
So that is our family then and now. Again, God is good.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
This wreath photo is what we are shooting for at the "altar" area. The wedding is outside. The ceremony area has trees surrounding it and a wreath will hang from the trees with organza draped down to two small pillars that will have boston ferns resting on them.
Progress is slow but she is a working girl living 70 miles from me so we don''t see each other often. We are planning a weekend where we can get together and work on wedding things. Some of the things I just need to get off my plate so I can feel a little less overwhelmed!