Saturday, February 26, 2011

Productivity makes me happy!

This top was made from a very soft knit that has been curing in my stash for a couple years. Probably from JoAnn's clearance area. I used Simplicity 2520 top for this. I'd like to make a mustard pencil skirt and get a skinny mustard belt for this top.


This was an outfit that did not quite pan out in person as it did in my mind! The skirt is a double sided quilted piece from JoAnn's clearance area. Again, it's been curing in the stash for a while. I used a salvage edge wool for the trim in the front seams. The front panel was cut on the bias and stretch wonky when I put it on so I fused a tricot interfacing to the front inside. The top is a cheap sweater knit from who knows where.... again, a very cured piece from the stash! I used New Look 6753 for the top. I did add to the bust area so the seam would fall below the bust line rather than across it.


This top is made with the Jalie tee pattern. It is my tried and true pattern for tops. I did finally break down and do a bust adjustment. I did not like how just using a larger size sagged on my shoulders. This fabric is from JoAnn's. There were two pieces in the remnant bin so this top was cheap! It will be nice with jeans and a jacket.



This is another Jalie tee pattern using the enlarge bust. Printed fabric is from remnant bin and not sure where the brown is from. It was stash and matched really well. I added a ruffle down one sleeve. Again, another great top for jeans and a jacket.
I am pleased with my February sewing. This was in addition to the Mom of the Bride outfit I am making for a client and all the embroidery and alteration/repair I did for clients. I have three more things that have been cut out for a while that I want to sew up this weekend so we shall see! I'd like to get all my UFO's (unfinished objects) sewn and out of the way so I can start on some other ideas that are swirling in my head!
Blessings! Linda










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.