Monday, April 25, 2011

Here Comes the Bride ('s mother)

I had a client bring me this picture. She wanted this made for her daughter's wedding. She loved the neutral color pallete and and flow of the pants. She is not a dress kinda gal so the palazo pants seemed like the way to go. Fancy but she can feel comfortable & beautiful!



This is the final product. Minus the person modeling it. It does not do it justice with hanging on a dress form! I used a champagne satin as the base of the camisole. The overlay was a black lace. The jacket was made using a knit chiffon from Fabric.com. This one has a shawl collar and the original did not. The pants are made with a chiffon and a china silk polyester lining. I added the front pleat detail that she loved. I used three patterns to crate the ensemble: OOP See and Sew 6910, OOP Butterick 4982 for the pant, and McCall 5890 for the jacket.

I hope to have pictures of her in it at th wedding so I will post those.

It was fun to create this for her.

Blessings- Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.