Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bathrooms, sewing, and life.

We have had a whirlwind autumn..... High School Soccer seems to take over every year at this time. It is winding down and I have had actual sewing room time lately so that is a wonderful blessing!
I took a glass fusion class at Mansfield Art Center last month and have some really nice pieces to show for it. The main reason I took the class was to make some knobs for the custom cabinets in my newly remodeled main/kids bathroom. My father in law made the custom cabinetry for me and I been thinking and pondering knobs. I was at an art show in late August and a local Artisan had knobs for sale. When I was talking about having some made for my cabinets she mentioned she would be teaching a class on glass fusion so I immediately went and signed up. I had a blast! It definitely got the creative juices flowing again. I have been processing and planning sewing since then.....
Now on to the pictures....

The photo to the left is from the window wall of the bathroom looking out to the doorway. You see the tall built in cabinet. The mirror needs framed yet but time has not allowed that but that will make for a great winter project!


Below is a close up of two of the knobs I made. Really hard to photograph.....









Left is the tub/shower area to the left of the entry door. Curtain is a Micheal Miller fabric (I think....) that I fell in love with. Retro/funk is kind of the style of the fabric. You see a portion of the builtin cabinet along the window wall. I am slowly decorating this room... Thrift store and garage sael decorating!


The photo below is a straight shot looking into the bathroom. You can see the full builtin from this photo. The sink/vanity was a bargain find for sure! I was at Home Depot about 2 years ago and saw it ... a $400.00 vanity for $50.00. That was a no brainer as I knew we would be eventually remodeling that bathroom. The old bath was original to the 1950's home. YUCK! We really wanted to put in a whirlpool tub but size and such made it out of our pocket book range right now so we had the tub (a big, deep cast iron baby!) refinished..... I still have some decorating to do but am patiently waiting for things to fall into place.
Now on to sewing!
This top is Simplicity 2643. It is a cute top. I shortened it quite a bit. I think my band ont he front and neck is not as wide as the pattern but I am okay with that. The top is a sheer georgette giraffe print. The band is a faux suede found in the remnant bin at JoAnns'

It is on thing that turned out this week int he sewing room. I made a pair of Hot Patterns jeans and am not impressed. I till stick with my Sandra Betzina jean pattern for sure!

Thinking about some Christmas sewing. Need to get my ducks in a row and get busy. It was so refreshing to have sewing time this week. I needed it. I was feeling out of sorts.


Well, off to sew something.. going to friends' house for supper! What a nice surprise ! Will be nice to get out and visit!

blessings- Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.