Monday, September 28, 2009

My sewing room... a peak into my mess!

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my sewing room in the state it is after a cutting fiesta I had last week. It is a mess but most of the pieces lying around are for projects that are bouncing around in my mind. I have been trying some new things..... like a full bust adjustment. Never did one before so cut out a button up top with some "so-so" fabric to give it a try.

Anyway, photos of my studio.

This photo is taken from my computer area. My cutting table is covered with a mess and our cat, Yankee. You can see the large fabric cupboard off to the left. It's full and overflowing!


This shot is the same area but taken form the entry doorway. You see the ironing board and the back "wall" which is a hanging curtain to cover up pipes and ugly!

This shot is from the entry doorway and is of my serger area. I also have a vintage machine that is strictly straight stitch that I use for heavy sewing.


This shot is from the doorway and is of the embroidery area and "regular" computerized machine and "desk" area. My embroidery is a Janome MB4- 4 head machine. I do most of my sewing on a Brother PC 3000 which you can see to the right of the black gooseneck lamp. My laptop sits to the left of the lamp.


A girlfriend gave me two white melamine shelving units that were 15 inches wide and 5 foot tall. They are perfect to slide into a wall between studs. So that is what we did. We carefully cut the drywall out so we could re-use it on the back of the shelves. The trim between the shelves is a metal measure stick. My hubby's idea! He might be getting some creativity in his "computer geek" body!
I am so very blessed! God is good!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a nice big area to be creative in!!! My studio gets like that too when I'm in the midst of big projects.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.