Monday, September 28, 2009

A little sewing....

I was able to sew a little last week. I am struggling with fit right now. My body is morphing into something that has my previous fit thrown for a loop. I am sure it has something to do with menopause and being almost 46. Just trying to find patterns that look good and hide my muffin top is very frustrating!

Here is a picture of me in Vogue 8534




I think I might try the next size up on the sides and underarms for the next one of this simple pattern. I thought it'd be looser. It's not bad but could be better. The neckline is to be unfinished but I "clipped " the lines marking the folds for the pleats so I could not leave it unfinished so I simply turned it under and stitched it down. Worked fine for me.



Made another top today to experiment with pattern Simplicity 3536. View E. It's okay. I made view D this summer and really liked it. I will probably put view E under a jacket for fall and winter. The fabric was cheap walmart table stuff that was in my stash so I am not out much if I decide I don't like it! Oh, to have that skinny body I once had where everything looked good on me! This picture is of the top on "ADNIL" , my dressform.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.