Saturday, September 1, 2012

Purple Beast

This photo is of a love seat purchased at a garage sale for son to take to college for his dorm room.  It had a purple stripe fabric on it.... dirty, worn, garage sale worth.  So for a few dollars we brought her home.....  looked into buying a slip cover and about went into cardiac arrest with the prices of those things!  So mom (me) says let's make a slip cover... not sure who the us was in that statement but anyway, a slip cover it was.  I have never made a slip cover.  Only read the many blogs of those who do.  I had some white (yea, white and teenage boy.... ) cotton duck that had a navy stripe running through it.  Think old baseball uniform look.  I had three bolts because a client once requested it then changed her mind after I hunted and purchased it.  So, I had plenty of fabric so I began the journey.  I will go on the record as saying, I prefer to upholster furniture not make slip covers.  But it is done.  He can remove it and wash it if necessary and we were out no money (because stash sewing is FREE sewing, right?!)  Here is the finished product:


It is by far not perfect but for a college dorm room, it will do.  This is one piece of furniture that will not become a family heirloom!   ;)

Blessings- Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.