Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's been FOREVER!

I have not fallen off the face of the earth.... I had problems getting into the blog.  Which caused me to lose interest.  But now I know that I need a place to talk about my sewing and such.

I have been sewing.. mostly for client's which is a good thing and a bad thing.  Good= making money.  Bad= not sewing the visions swirling in my head!

Earlier this summer I was contacted by two bridesmaids to make gray bridesmaid dresses for them... not the color I would choose but, hey, I am not the bride!

This photo shows both dresses.   The lace dress was  made using a stretch gray lace with a gray matte jersey underlayer.  Cute and so simple to make!  The other dress was made using a gray satin for the skirt and strapless bodice and a gray lace for the bodice overlay.  I melded two patterns together for the satin dress but cannot remember which ones!  Sorry!  Below is a photo showing both dresses a little more front view.  Turned out cute and the girls are rocking them! 

Below are photos of dresses I made for a bridal party last summer- a couple months before my daughter's wedding.  The fabric was a linen that was a dream to work with!  A simple sundress pattern that was very flattering on all the girls!  




I will be posting more as the weeks go by.....  Now I am remaking a bridal gown and a mother of the bride gown..... It's a challenge but fun all the same! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. If you are a nasty, perverted person, please find another blog to leave your disgusting comments.